As we approach the end of the first month of 2013 everyone is asking what are going to be the top trends for hair this year. There are a lot of experts out there saying many different things but they never know what exactly is going to take off. They are consistently agreeing on a few trends to take hold and sweep the world.
- The pixie cut. With actresses and singers alike going towards this trend close to the end of 2012 it is no surprise to stylists to see more and more people requesting the short cut. The cut was extremely popularized by Anne Hathaway who had a lot of exclaim from fans and media alike after she cut off all of her famously long locks for her role in Les Miserables.
- Platinum Blonde. Another trend that top stylists see become extremely popular is the platinum blonde color. This color is very bright and light, it almost seems white. Platinum blonde is a statement hair color and is very hard to achieve especially if you have natural dark hair. This color won’t be seen on many people but there will be many attempts. This color trend was made famous last year by actress and singer Miley Cyrus after her drastic cut and color.
- Braids. Braids will also be a big trend this year. It won’t be the big bulky french braids you remember your mom doing to you when you were a kid. Smaller braids going back into a ponytail or bun are going to be very popular. Of course, those french braids won’t be forgotten with movies like The Hunger Games with its main character being a strong woman with long hair that she always braids back the trend will stay around for a while. And Pittsburgh ladies, if your hair isn’t long enough to pull into these types of braids look into getting extensions from LaLa’s Salon in East Liberty.
(Image from: http://www.harpersbazaar.com)(Image from: The Huffington Post)
- Vintage Style. With a lot of old movies becoming new again in 2013 a lot of the vintage styles are going to be coming back. Kate Middleton already is giving a nod to the ‘70s with her updated version of the Farrah Flip. Other styles that could be coming back reflect from the ‘60s in the new The Great Gatsby movie coming out this year.
(Image from: http://www.sofeminine.co.uk)(Image from: People Magazine)
- Pastels. We have all seen it. The bright colors in the hair but this year they are going to gain an even bigger hold on hair trends. The dipped look of just dipping the ends of the hair in pastel or bright colors is going to be very popular. It is also becoming easier to do without having to go through the dangerous process of bleaching your hair which is why it’s gaining so much popularity. You can change it all the time and not make it nearly as permanent.
(Image from: The Glamourous Life)
We have included some pictures of other celebrities already rocking these styles, could you picture yourself in one?