From New York, London, Paris, and now Milan, fashionistas have been bringing some fierce street style looks back to back! As designers unveil their highly anticipated Spring 2014 collections, stylistas are stealing some of the limelight. Here are some of the top street style looks from Milan Fashion Week.
Stylistas, Socialites, and Models are gearing up for the most epic fashion event of the summer, Style Week Pittsburgh!
Style Week makes its debut in the Steel City on Wednesday, August 8th-Sunday, August 11th with 5 incredible days of fashion-focused events.
As we approach the end of the first month of 2013 everyone is asking what are going to be the top trends for hair this year. There are a lot of experts out there saying many different things but they never know what exactly is going to take off. They are consistently agreeing on a few trends to take hold and sweep the world.
- The pixie cut. With actresses and singers alike going towards this trend close to the end of 2012 it is no surprise to stylists to see more and more people requesting the short cut. The cut was extremely popularized by Anne Hathaway who had a lot of exclaim from fans and media alike after she cut off all of her famously long locks for her role in Les Miserables.
- Platinum Blonde. Another trend that top stylists see become extremely popular is the platinum blonde color. This color is very bright and light, it almost seems white. Platinum blonde is a statement hair color and is very hard to achieve especially if you have natural dark hair. This color won’t be seen on many people but there will be many attempts. This color trend was made famous last year by actress and singer Miley Cyrus after her drastic cut and color.
- Braids. Braids will also be a big trend this year. It won’t be the big bulky french braids you remember your mom doing to you when you were a kid. Smaller braids going back into a ponytail or bun are going to be very popular. Of course, those french braids won’t be forgotten with movies like The Hunger Games with its main character being a strong woman with long hair that she always braids back the trend will stay around for a while. And Pittsburgh ladies, if your hair isn’t long enough to pull into these types of braids look into getting extensions from LaLa’s Salon in East Liberty.
(Image from: http://www.harpersbazaar.com)(Image from: The Huffington Post)
- Vintage Style. With a lot of old movies becoming new again in 2013 a lot of the vintage styles are going to be coming back. Kate Middleton already is giving a nod to the ‘70s with her updated version of the Farrah Flip. Other styles that could be coming back reflect from the ‘60s in the new The Great Gatsby movie coming out this year.
(Image from: http://www.sofeminine.co.uk)(Image from: People Magazine)
- Pastels. We have all seen it. The bright colors in the hair but this year they are going to gain an even bigger hold on hair trends. The dipped look of just dipping the ends of the hair in pastel or bright colors is going to be very popular. It is also becoming easier to do without having to go through the dangerous process of bleaching your hair which is why it’s gaining so much popularity. You can change it all the time and not make it nearly as permanent.
(Image from: The Glamourous Life)
We have included some pictures of other celebrities already rocking these styles, could you picture yourself in one?
(Top Row Left to Right Image from: Glamour, Yahoo!, Allure)
(Bottom Row Left to Right Image from: Huffington Post, http://www.graziadaily.co.uk, USAToday)
What would it take to broaden the standard of beauty throughout the fashion industry to better represent the African Disapora and all that its contributes — artistically and otherwise — to human kind?
What began as a Pittsburgh street party and fashion display has grown into FashionAFRICANA — one of the world’s most anticipated and celebrated productions of African-inspired art, design, music and dance.
On December 8th at the August Wilson Center for African American Culture, FashionAFRICANA marks its 11th year by presenting GLAMAZONIA, a photography exhibition by Cameron-born and Paris-based Mario Epanya, one of the world’s most outspoken fashion photographers. Epanya stirred an ongoing global dialogue in 2010 when he proposed the launch of Vogue Africa.
Together, Boccella and Epanya are raising global awareness about the power of the fashion industry to shape how all people of color, and especially young women, perceive their self image and place in the world. GLAMAZONIA will also feature fashion presentations from French designer Eva Sabarra and Pittsburgh based designer, Kiya Tomlin.
“While we all know that beauty is more than skin deep,” says Boccella, “we also know the power of fashion to influence behavior.”
GLAMAZONIA debuts on Saturday, December 8th at 6:30pm with a VIP Cocktail Reception and GLAMAZONIA Exhibit Tour by Mario Epanya, followed by a FashionAFRICANA show and Special Musical Performance at 8:00pm. The event erupts with a Dance Party at 9pm.
Tickets are available online at http://www.fashionafricana.com or by calling 1-888-71-TICKETS. The cost of admission is $75 for the VIP Reception and $35 for the FashionAFRICANA Show.
On Sunday, December 9th, there will be an Artist Talk with Emerging Artist of the Year: Vanessa German, Mario Epanya, and Kiya Tomlin at the August Wilson Center.
For media and all other inquiries, please call 412-208-0249.
One of our favorite good girls-gone bad has done it again, landing her second VOGUE cover. The November issue of VOGUE will feature regal Rihanna in a Haute Red Strapless Dress, looking absolutely stunning (as usual). Photographed by Annie Leibovitz, the headline on the cover reads ‘I Love to Have Fun!’ No surprise, there!
Check out Rihanna’s November cover below and click over to Vogue.com to read the full article.